Lake Ray Roberts State Park – Johnson Branch is one of our favorite quick get away spots to date. The Johnson Branch is located north of Dallas, TX off of I-35 and is one of two State Park locations on Lake Ray Roberts (see additional review for Isle Du Bois location).
- Very easy commute from North Dallas
- Large lake with fantastic boating and fishing
- Numerous campsites, some with lake views
- Very large park with lengthy paved and off road bike trails so great for all weather cycling.
- Nice, clean and roomy camp showers
- Good spacing between campsites
- Some sites are tiered so the picnic tables may be awkwardly placed
- Some sites are not even close to level so bring a lot of leveling blocks
- Paved trail repairs are slow. We have been to this park several times noting the same trail location under repair each time.
- Did not have full hook ups available to anyone but the park host
Overall we truly like this park. It is great for cycling and hiking which we love to do and it is only about a 45 minute drive from our RV storage location. The park is clean and the staff is very friendly and accommodating.
Latest posts by Gonzo (see all)
- We slept at the Durango Walmart, but we didn’t inhale! - September 5, 2016
- Revisiting Normal - August 7, 2016
- My Father - June 18, 2016